Saturday, December 30, 2006

Part Twenty-Four

To the Editors of NONzine, Mike: I wanted to thank you again for putting up with my preposterous toilet paper story for this better part of a year, for suffering my poor writing, and for putting your own business at such risk for having published it.
I am out of toilet paper now. The ink of my pen has dried in its tube. I don’t know when they will let me out of here, if ever. I am unbecome a man. I am still unbecoming. Perhaps when I become a man…
That sirenic voice and seductive silence were my undoing. Otherwise I believe I would still be free to mark the people of the world with their appropriate labels, to flitter about a butterfly lightly pressing each and every label to the shoulders of the human race. But they have locked your hero away, and I suspect there will be no “Free Labelman” chants outside of my institution, no movie stars pleading my case on Leno or Letterman or Oprah. No books, no movies, no New York Times. But one day I will make it to the roof and let loose the tendrils of my tale rippling through the wind on an overcast day. I will teepee the sky and the treetops with the story of Labelman.
This is the end of the roll. The end of the line. The last two-ply sheet. This is the point where I find that I have nothing else to say and must make a dramatic pause, take a dramatic sigh looking over the length of my work and realize that that is all there is. This is dumb. This was a bad idea. This is not worth the paper it’s printed on. This is my story. This is me. This is meaningless, pointless, fruitless. This is your poor pilgrim’s apparent lack of progress.


THE END

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was dumbfounded at the turn of your story. The romantic in me wanted Labelman and Melanie to end up together. I was saddened by and unprepared for the end. If the goal of a great writer is to leave your reader wanting more..... then you are indeed a Great Writer.

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the beginning of the 11th Century the represents of Christianity is
able to banned the duel form einvigi and holmgangr as lawfully accepted means to solve a dispute, and at
the same time the berserkr and the beserksgangr was made illegal.
The sites mentioned here provide basic templates that can be used for both personal and commercial publications, but aren't always readily compatible with online publishers. It is sold through Click - Bank, considered the internet's most trusted digital marketplace.


My blog: free pdf ebook download

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home